Below is a suggested kit list for walks in the UK mountains with Aspire Adventures or any day out in the hills. There may be some seasonal variations and you will receive information in advance if there are any changes, if you're a part of one of our trips.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Walking boots (well fitting with ankle protection) plus trekking socks
- Warm clothes (layers - base/fleece/warm top)
- Hat and gloves
- Water (minimum 2 litres in a solid reusable bottle)
- Food (enough for 6hrs of walking or unless advised and consider packing in a Tupperware container to prevent crushing and minimise litter)
- Rucksack suitable for all of your kit
- Whistle and survival bag (not required if on an Aspire Adventures guided adventure)
- Basic first aid (plaster, blister pads, pain relief, triangular bandage)
- Personal medication if needed
- Plastic bags to keep bits dry
- Sun cream if needed plus sunglasses
- Small bag to take rubbish home in
- Toilet paper and remember it comes home with you
Please adhere to any local guidelines and do not travel if you have tested positive or feel you may have the virus.
Suggested items -
- Ordnance Survey map and compass
- Walking poles
- Flask of hot drink
- Small head torch (compulsory for challenges like the National 3 Peaks)
- Rucksack liner
- Cash for drinks or food after
- Spare socks and kit if you're on challenges like the National 3 Peaks
If you have any questions you can email the team at email@example.com and someone will advise.
If you're on an Aspire Adventures walk, challenge or experience you will also get a discount with Ellis Brigham, our retail partner via email once booked.
We look forward to seeing you on the hill.